NDT Level I E/C Rope Access Technician
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Inspects offshore structures, vessels and pipelines, and their
appurtenances, for conformance to specifications, using fixed or
preset measuring instruments: Travels offshore on vessels and in
aircraft. Examines materials or products for anomalies, damage, or
defects, such as cracks, pits, incomplete welds, holes, dents,
excessive corrosion, etc. Examines coating conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with diving contractors or individually to perform various
inspections and surveys of offshore structures, vessels, and
- Perform cathodic protection surveys of offshore structures,
vessels, and pipelines.
- Use camera, video and written documentation techniques in the
inspection and survey of offshore structures, vessels, and
- Use and maintain various types of inspection equipment.
- Perform inspection report generation via computer using various
- Instruct and train other personnel as needed, and experience
- Continuously learn and improve office and computer skills.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to
ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating
with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations,
business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture,
philosophy, operating principles, and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and acts before being asked or
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85
decibels, and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows
flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering, Lake Charles , NDT Level I E/C Rope Access Technician, Professions , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!