I&E Construction Coordinator (Technician III) (In Plant)
Company: ReCon Management Services
Posted on: January 25, 2023
ReCon is seeking a I&E Construction Coordinator III for an in
plant position at a local industry location in Sulphur, LA. Summary
of Description:The Construction Coordinator is responsible for the
development of baseline execution plans for the construction phase
of the portfolio of projects and assists the Project Controls Team
with information on the time and resource schedules, quantity
verification during the execution of the project phase and
verifying and tracking all progress and schedules. The Construction
Coordinator also has the responsibility to ensure that Construction
complies with all governance and procedures applicable. Duties:
- The ability to work independently exists, such that typical
assignments can be completed with limited supervision:
- Support the Project Teams during the development and the review
process of the project execution strategy.
- Develop the construction execution plan with the project
manager on the assigned portfolio of small capital projects.
- Establish the quality control plan for the construction phase
with the project manager and the inspection group. Work with the
inspection team to ensure execution of the plan.
- Independently drives projects to completion.Develop a strong
understanding of all phases of Engineering, Design, Construction
and Pre-Commissioning of the projects and support the activities:
- Support the development of the estimate and schedule for the
construction phase of the assigned projects, including the
- Support the Project Engineering and Design Teams during the
design review process of the project for constructability and
comply with the project execution plan.
- Ensure timely procurement & inspections of tagged equipment and
- Work with the project controls for a labor and quantity
estimate and develop a high-level construction schedule after the
IFC package is issued for project baseline estimate verification.
Develop a strong working relationship with Service Providers:
- Create a detail Scope of Work document for the project, which
is in line with the agreed upon project execution plans after the
IFC estimate review, to be sent to purchasing for pricing.
- Develop the detail project construction schedule, which
includes pre-commissioning activities and end state in mind, with
the project controls group and the service provider, using CPM
method and industry guidelines, and verify this schedule to the
project baseline schedule.
- Establish and agree an execution plan with Service Providers in
line with the schedule and cost prior to starting the
- Ensure projects are constructed according to the IFC packages
and manage construction on assigned projects to ready for start-up
- Manage day to day construction activities for assigned
portfolio of small capital projects with the knowledge of
established Service Providers contract guidelines.
- Must be able to oversee several teams/groups of Service
Providers in the field to assure proper work methods and compliance
during construction or turnarounds.
- Reinforce the safety principles of the area and the site and
ensure Service Providers follow the standard work practices and
- Manage and report on the construction status, progress,
schedule, budget, and quantity.
- Resolve any construction design issues and / or RFI's.
- Approval of the Change management for field activities.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.Education and
Experience:High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED), with additional
specialized training or college course work and at least eleven
(11) years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential
duties of the job such as those listed above.Skills:
- Experience in a PSM and ISO environment, preferred.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- Knowledge of the basic negotiating and contracting
- Must be able to read and interpret technical documents, such
as: P&ID's, PFD's, Blueprints and Schematics, One-lines, and
- Knowledge and understanding of scheduling principals and CPM
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- High competency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience working with SAP, Primavera P6 and Icarus
estimating is highly preferred.
- Prior experience and knowledge of industrial construction
estimating is preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and scaffolding.
- Ability to walk on even and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to wear PPE including fire retardant clothing, hard
hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, respirator.
- Ability to enter confined spaces.
- Ability to walk up to one mile on industrial plant and
construction sites outdoors at any time of the year.
- Ability to work in protective clothing which may elevate body
temperatures by several degrees Fahrenheit for periods of up to 15
minutes without a break.
- Ability to use multi-level stair towers and rung ladders
- Ability to hear safety alarms and signals while wearing hearing
- Ability to sit at desk and operate computer for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch
or crawl and talk and hear.
- Ability to see with visual acuity and distinguish between
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver's
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs. on a regular basis is
required and at times lifting up to 25 lbs. may be required. Client
Provided Details: Reporting to the Construction Lead or Supervisor,
the Construction Coordinator will assist with the home office and
field-based construction related activities. The Construction
Coordinator brings specialist skills to key construction activities
such as technical and safety integrity of the field engineering,
field procurement, interfaces with QA, and facilities start-up
activities. Basic and Required Qualifications: - 10 to 20 years'
experience as a Construction Coordinator - One and half to three
years' experience in major domestic or international capital
project construction in the petroleum industry, primarily in the
area of site construction, fabrication, or installation, though
other industry major industrial construction experience may qualify
- One year of related construction site management experience Open
to and available for relocation Preferred Qualifications and
Skills: - Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management
or equivalent training or education - Demonstrable technical
competency - Second language (or aptitude for acquiring)
Keywords: ReCon Management Services, Lake Charles , I&E Construction Coordinator (Technician III) (In Plant), Professions , Sulphur, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!