E&I Commissioning Technician
Company: Pic Group, Inc
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit
the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a
global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
- Title: - - -Electrical & Instrumentation Startup & Commissioning
Technician Position Type: - - - - - - - - - Contract Location: - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lake Charles, LA Reports to: - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - Commissioning Manager Status: - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Non-Exempt Job Summary: - PIC Group has
an excellent opportunity for an Electrical & Instrumentation
(E&I) Startup and Commissioning Technician to support
commissioning of a new chlorine chemical production facility
located in Lake Charles, LA. - The Electrical & Instrumentation
(E&I) Startup and Commissioning Technician will report to the
Commissioning Manager and be responsible for electrical and
instrumentation inspections and pre-commissioning checklists
participating in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs) working with
plant operators and shift supervisors for a successful plant
startup and operation currently scheduled for November of 2022. The
Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Startup and Commissioning
Technician will be located at the project throughout the
construction and commissioning phase. - Essential Duties and
- Perform standard pre-commissioning activities during final
phases of construction involving such work as installing,
inspecting, testing, and diagnosing the operating conditions of all
types of motors, generators, transformers, switches, control
equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, and
storage batteries, and work with electrical systems up to and
including 4,160 volts to assure equipment and systems are checked
off and ready to be energized for startup.
- Calibrating, testing, troubleshooting, re-working, modifying,
and inspecting plant instrumentation and control components and
- Perform punch list activities as directed by Commissioning
- Work with plant documents, P&ID's, wiring diagrams, etc.
for inspection and testing of plant equipment and systems.
- Trouble shooting PLC's and relays is required.
- Other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:
- Ability to address challenges while working in a construction
and operating plant work environment.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software and other
discipline-specific software applications.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mechanical, electrical, process, and controls
- The ability to multi-task.
- Commercial awareness, good command of English, and good
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a proactive team player
combined with a solid self-supporting/independent character.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of electrical testing and procedures for
primary and secondary equipment such as protection relays, circuit
breakers, disconnectors, current and voltage transformers.
- Strong working knowledge in loop checking, cable pulling,
glanding and termination.
- Strong Knowledge of process technology and the technical
principles related to chemical, oil & gas, pulp & paper, and the
- Capable to read, interpret & prepare applicable technical
information, including drawings, schematics, P&IDs, procedures,
manuals, codes, and specifications.
- Experience with flow metering, instrumentation, valves, pumps,
sampling systems, analyzers, flow computers, E&I wiring, and
- Solid experience commissioning High Voltage / Low Voltage
(HV/LV) switchgear, transformers, Uninterruptable Power Supply
(UPS) systems, large variable speed drives, electric motors,
standby diesel generators, electric heat tracing, metering systems,
safeguarding systems, DCS/PLC controls. Physical Requirements:
- Physical demands-the physical demands of the job, including
bending, climbing, sitting, lifting, and driving.
- Work environment: chemical construction site in Louisiana with
varied temperature, high noise level, inside and outside, with
caustic chemicals. Education / Experience:
- Associates degree in electrical or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of startup and commissioning work experience.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer
competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented
individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to
the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only
those applicants with the required experience and qualifications
will be contacted.
Keywords: Pic Group, Inc, Lake Charles , E&I Commissioning Technician, Professions , Westlake, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!