Environmental Technician II
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: June 16, 2022
The Opportunity: HydroChemPSC is looking for a LDAR
MonitoringTechnician to join their safety conscious team! The LDAR
Monitoring Technician, using an analyzer and electronic data
recorder, is responsible for accurately monitoring components on an
assigned route within an industrial facility. The Monitoring
Technician is also responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure
optimum performance of the analyzer, as well as identify leads and
process leak tags.HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the
premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in
North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility
sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety
system, innovative career development platform, committed customer
service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and
automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service,
and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational
experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training
and career development for our employees.Essential
Duties:Demonstrates initiative, planning work and carrying out
tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive
suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance and
undertakes additional responsibilities.
- Must possess the ability to use a portable analyzer and
electronic data collector.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify
problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
- Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external
customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the
customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering
new approaches to solving problems and work processes.
- ---Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action,
considering resources, constraints and company values.
- Responsible for monitoring components in an industrial
environment to detect emissions from process equipment.
- Performs monitoring activities for an assigned route within a
prescribed period of time, ensuring all components are accurately
monitored and reported.
- Responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum
performance. Makes minor mechanical adjustments when situations
- ---Identifies leaks and processes leak tags
- ---Completes daily upload of monitoring activity to the
customer database and completes daily emissions monitoring reports-
must have basic computer knowledge.
- ---Communicate daily equipment changes with office
- ---Communicate/Coordinate with plant personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and
- Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful,
but not necessary.
- Must be willing/able to work at moderate to high levels of
physical exertion for extended periods.
- Must be willing/able to work in inclement weather conditions
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities a
plus.HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in
employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability
status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or
any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local
law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*HPC
Keywords: HydroChemPSC, Lake Charles , Environmental Technician II, Professions , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!