Technical Support Specialist
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Deliver IT restoration services remotely, when possible, to the
LyondellBasell employee base on all hardware and IT equipment
(including but not limited to PC, IP Phones network equipment,
servers and printers) to ensure optimal Site IT performance. The
person will also troubleshoot problem areas (by telephone, or via
remote access when possible) in a timely and accurate fashion and
provide end-user assistance for submitted work requests as
required. The primary result is that information technology systems
are accessible and perform at agreed to service levels (SLA) so
that people are connected with the right information at the right
time to enable better, faster decision making throughout the
Champion the IT support model for standard computing devices.
- Ensure all incidents and requests from assigned sites are
captured in the corporate service management system.
- Follow and champion corporate procedures for escalation of
unresolved incidents/ requests to the appropriate internal IT
- Engage and manage external partners to provide optimized last
mile support for time bound incident response, and forecasted IT
projects. (i.e. Server and network upgrades with limited remote
support from Corporate IT groups)
- Provide timely and accurate updates to hardware assets using
corporate service management system. Deliver enterprise level IT
services to internal customers.
- Take ownership, manage and prioritize all IT issues for
assigned customer base in a geographical dispersed region from the
first report to the final resolution.
- Maintain a high level of communication with the customer to
include prompt and accurate information on the status of their
- Provide detailed instructions to the client via phone, email,
and chat, until their incident has been resolved.
- Be self-directed and highly motivated to meet the needs of a
demanding customer base across a geographically dispersed region.
(Travel between regional company sites required based on region
- Facilitate regular knowledge transfer/ training sessions with
the customer. (One on one and with new hire orientation and
rollouts of new products to customer.)
- Identify and resolve gaps between user and support
organizations that inhibit the optimization of the end user
computing environment. (For both immediate workaround resolutions,
and to assist in root cause analysis)
- Represent the customer base to ensure quality issues with IT
offerings are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and
incorporated into future IT systems and platforms.
- Champion the creation of Knowledge Base articles to facilitate
first call resolution by the Service Desk / Global Field Services
- Utilize and champion the LyondellBasell process for engaging
the Product Teams for advanced support and guidance. Facilitate
connecting Product Teams and Manufacturing Site Partners with the
- Basic understanding of Manufacturing processes and familiarity
of associated safety and risks Collaborate at a high level with
peers and other IT teams to ensure a consistent approach to
incident and problem resolution is maintained throughout the
- Ensure the Field Services Technical Support Manager is updated
on a regular and consistent manner on local activities and
- Author knowledge base articles, IM with others in IT, and
create post incident reports.
- Stay current on industry offerings for providing optimized
local and remote end user support. Must be able to identify process
- Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions with other Global Field
Services team members.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis and diagnostics of problems and implement
corrective solutions for end users
- Provide on-site or remote technical support services for end
users and act as next level escalation point which are not first
call resolved through the IT Service Desk.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end user
workstations, IP Phones and related hardware and software.
- Assist with server, network and audio/video equipment
installations, troubleshooting and movement of existing equipment
of these types when necessary
- Assist with troubleshooting mobile devices for on-site and/or
- Escalate unsolved issues to tier 3 support team
- Document the situational facts, activities, communication and
agreements during troubleshooting activities.
- Coordinate third party vendors for on-site maintenance and/or
- Execute end user workstation, IP Phones and related hardware
- Assist with server, network and audio/video equipment
- Manage equipment inventory and keep administration of all
equipment, their location and status.
- Perform physical asset validation
- Educate others on IT best practice procedures
- Coordinate and perform end-user training for special IT
- Represent IT to the business for delivery of IT services at our
- Communication and coordination with the business regarding IT
cost transparency and potential savings
- Work assigned shifts and off-duty, on-call shifts as
- Participate in small short-term projects supporting business
activities, technology upgrades, rollouts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems or Business with up to two (2) years relevant experience,
or a non-degreed professional with a high school diploma or GED and
three (3) plus years relevant experience in a manufacturing
environment or similar.
- Above average communication and customer service skills.
- Analytical thinker able to resolve complex problems in a high
- Advanced knowledge of remote support processes and
- Knowledge of industry standard security models.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft desktop computing
environment including industry standard support tools and
- Proven problem solver supporting basic IT infrastructure,
including endpoint management, advanced device connectivity
troubleshooting, and basic networking.
- Experience configuring and supporting PCs, and mobile
- Be able to work effectively with remote management, and follow
directions and training provided.
- Be available for full 8 hour days and have flexibility to work
over or nights and weekends when necessary. #LI-SS1 #LI-Hybrid
- Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Azure strongly
- A+ Certification
- ITIL Basics
- Dell Certification
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical
industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best
operated and most valued company in our industry. The company's
products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable
solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and
fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets.
LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and
inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the
communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company
takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus.
LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions
and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and
decarbonization. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named as one of
FORTUNE Magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth
consecutive year. For more information, please visit
www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to
work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited r--sum--s or
phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party
representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US
EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles
Keywords: LyondellBasell, Lake Charles , Technical Support Specialist, Other , Westlake, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...