Company: Waste Management
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: November 24, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Driver Helper teams with Route Driver and assists in the collection
of Waste and /or Recyclable material.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Works in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life
Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act)
requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related
issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs,
briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed
by the Route Manager.
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or
commercial containers into truck.
- Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or
require pullout to complete service.
- Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers
into truck hopper.
- Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions
including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles
too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch
and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- No supervisory responsibilities required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Six (6) months of prior work experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
_ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Lake Charles , Helper Residential, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!