Medical Records Tech
Company: Lake Charles Memorial Hospital
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: May 14, 2022
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
* Answers phones, takes messages and directs calls as needed.
Receives and processes faxed requests from physicians and other
health care entities. Performs chart analysis on each Inpatient,
Observation and Same Day Surgery record.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Answers phones quickly and courteously.
* Directs callers to the appropriate personnel.
* Retrieves faxes and processes faxes from physicians offices and
other health care entities, ensuring that all faxes have been
processed by the end of the day.
* Performs chart analysis on all Inpatient/Outpatient/Same Day
Surgery records, if applicable, staying within 3 days of discharge
or visit date.
* Indexes all records checking for accuracy and completeness.
* Maintains patient, departmental and employee confidentiality at
* Assist with other responsibilities and adjust schedule to meet
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or GED required.
* One year experience in healthcare preferred.
* One year experience with imaging software preferred.
* Great attention to detail required.
* Effective organizational skills required.
* Ability to effectively use computer software, including
telephone, fax technology and scanners.
* Great interpersonal skills required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
* Work requires light duty lifting.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the
* Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery such as
calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
* Must be able to exchange accurate information with patient,
family, peers and medical personnel.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Lake Charles Memorial Hospital, Lake Charles , Medical Records Tech, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!