Helper - Residential Lake Charles
Company: Waste Management
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It's a way to create
opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members
perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible
employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K
with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Driver Helper teams with Route Driver and assists in the collection
of Waste and /or Recyclable material.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
* Works in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life
Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act)
requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
* Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related
issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
* Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs,
briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed
by the Route Manager.
* Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or
commercial containers into truck.
* Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require
pullout to complete service.
* Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers
into truck hopper.
* Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
* Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
* Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions
including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles
too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
* Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
* Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and
assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: Not Required.
* Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* None Required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
* Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
__ pounds frequently.
* Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __
* Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or riding in a
video/GPS monitored vehicle.
* Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Lake Charles , Helper - Residential Lake Charles, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!