Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We have an opening for a Buyer to work in the Lake Charles, LA
Our Client is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining
companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe,
they produce materials and products that are key to advancing
solutions to modern challenges. Our Client sells products into more
than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of
polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin
This position supports project execution by procuring required
materials and equipment efficiently and effectively in accordance
with all applicable Company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Negotiate commercial aspects of contracts of materials, services
and bulk commodities for local or regional locations.
* Placing orders for all material, services and bulk
* Entering requisitions in SAP for all items to be purchased.
* Substituting lower cost, safe, quality material, services, and
* Controlling purchase order budgets by contractor.
* Reviewing proposals and selecting vendor to provide material,
services, and bulk commodities.
* Auditing contractors' and subcontractors' purchasing
* Maintaining and updating off-site library repositories as
required by agencies.
* Assuring all change orders are properly documented and
* Material Management SAP Functionality.
* Coordinates dispositioning of surplus and salvage through
investment recovery across multiple projects to reduce costs.
* Standardize tools, equipment, and supplies as required across
several projects to reduce cost.
* Coordination of construction contractor materials and
* Expediting material, services, and bulk commodities.
* Support CPI initiatives and utilize Procurement Card Program.
* Purchases volume over $30 million.
Note: The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the
essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list
of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be
performed in accordance with Client policies and procedures.
* Minimum 10+ years professional experience in procurement,
material control, contract auditing in refining and/or
petrochemical industry with demonstrated knowledge in all
* BS in technical area of specialization or business administration
with knowledge of processes relating to purchasing and material
* Knowledge in multi-discipline vendor accounting and manufacturing
industries with specific expertise in procurement and auditing.
* Must be able to demonstrate good organizational, communication
and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and
Access), Windows, SAP and Primavera.
* Must be able to demonstrate good analytical and decision-making
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information to other employees of
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
Keywords: Bergaila, Lake Charles , Buyer, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!