COOK, GRILL (Part-Time)
Company: Compass Group
Location: LAKE CHARLES
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: Jul 15, 2021
- We have openings for part-time COOK,
- Location: McNeese State - Union, 375 Beauregard
Dr. Lake Charles, LA 70609 Note: online
applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Availability -- Mon-Thu 11:00am -
7:00pm, Fri 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Requirement: Grill cook or foodservice experience
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative
concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly
established ourselves as the leading college and university
foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the
Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect
on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come,
especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We
foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are
offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Prepares food and serves customers at the grill
station in accordance with current applicable federal, state and
corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure
high-quality food service is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes orders from customer and prepares items requiring short
preparation. Completes orders from steam tables and serves
customers at multiple stations.
- Serves customers in an efficient, friendly manner following
established steps of service meeting outlined standards. Ensures
food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty.
Tastes all prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket-collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Uses approved recipes and production standards to ensure proper
quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from
workstations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with established
- Stores foods in designated areas following standard wrapping,
dating and food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all assigned work areas,
equipment and utensils to ensure sanitation standards are met.
- Resolves customer concerns and reports relevant information and
concerns to supervisor.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented
organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by
using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth
opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex,
religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Keywords: Compass Group, Lake Charles , COOK, GRILL (Part-Time), Other , LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!