Sales Floor Dept Supervisor- Electrical-Plumbing
Posted on: July 18, 2021
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while
maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the
products our customers need. As a Sales Floor Department
Supervisor, this means:
• Providing resources and tools to support those directly helping
customers provide the best service.
• Assisting with down stocking and area recovery as well as
providing input into merchandising decisions.
• Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on
safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for
leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best
possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching
and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks,
managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage.
Sales Floor Department Supervisors are responsible for
customer-facing activities (e.g., greeting customers, clarifying
needs and identifying solutions, closing sales),
non-customer-facing activities (e.g., down stocking, inventory
management, area recovery) and store safety (e.g., conducting
safety walks, reporting hazards, understanding safety and lifting
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor works with his/her leaders to
identify approaches and behaviors that best meet sales and service
objectives, then communicates those best practices to the team in a
way that inspires engaging, customer-focused behavior and goal
attainment. Further, the Sales Floor Department Supervisor must
supervise associates in other departments, as needed, to meet the
demands of the store. This requires broad product knowledge and the
ability to engage associates and customers across departments. It
is important that this associate communicate upward to keep
management informed of concerns, issues, praises, and morale.
In addition to the responsibilities summarized above, individuals
in this role may occasionally open or close the store or serve as
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel;
however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings,
trainings, or to support neighboring stores/outlets.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours
may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged
standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may
lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a
retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail
• 1 year of experience in customer service.
• 1 year of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers
(for Pro Department Supervisor).
• Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or
without direct report responsibility).
• Experience supporting or participating in the process of
training, mentoring and developing associates.
• Experience working cross-functionally.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may
be required by law.
• 3 years of retail customer service experience.
• 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro
customers (Pro and Tool Rental Department Supervisor).
• 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of rental
customers (Tool Rental Department Supervisor).
• Experience managing a Profit and Loss statement (Tool Rental
• Experience working in a tool or other product rental sector (Tool
Rental Department Supervisor).
• Experience in a leadership role with direct report
• Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
• Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail
• Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty
• Experience using store computer systems (including but not
limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client,
Keywords: Lowe's, Lake Charles , Sales Floor Dept Supervisor- Electrical-Plumbing, Other , Sulphur, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!