Slot Asst Shift Manager
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that opened
in December 2014. The property contains nearly 1,100 well-appointed
hotel rooms and suites with private balconies available. It sports
an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and
marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a
waterslide and lazy river. Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment
showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine
jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry's signature
restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino
with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest
slot machines. We offer an abundance of premier employment
opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing,
entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and
talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your
next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment through its various subsidiaries and
affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant,
hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and
operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas
and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi,
Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant
operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35
states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the
names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry's Seafood
House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump,
Morton's - The Steakhouse, McCormick's & Schmick's and Claim Jumper
and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which
include Vic & Anthony's, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in
the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment
businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa
and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the
Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail
complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure
Pier in Galveston, Texas.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities:: Under the direction of the
Slot Manager, the incumbent assists in ensuring the operational
success of the Slot Department and outstanding guest service is
provided to all casino patrons.
- Exhibit all conduct in accordance with Louisiana Gaming
regulations and Golden Nugget policies and procedures, as well as
all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest
service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and
- Resolve guest disputes in an effective and timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring all slot machines are clean and in
operating condition, specifically bill acceptors, ticket printers
and progressive meters.
- Oversee the payment of jackpots, complete W2G's and currency
and ticket transactions.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training, coaching,
counseling, recognition and retention of direct reports who
consistently perform actions and behaviors that reinforce
excellence in business operations and guest service.
- Keep abreast of new technology, equipment and accessories under
development, and evaluate potential benefits of implementing these
- Continually review and evaluate casino slot play, test and
refine floor layouts to improve machine productivity and
performance on the floor.
- Responsible for Slot Department compliance with ICS and Federal
Currency Reporting Requirements.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and
responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate
management of concerns and observations.
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management
and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or
internal ethics violations.
- Maintain excellent communication skills and interpersonal
relations with guests, vendors, visitors and Golden Nugget
- Display professional conduct, sound judgment, the highest level
of professional integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years slot supervisory experience in a licensed
- Knowledge of Slot Systems required.
- Successful performance in a guest service role in a high volume
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have solid planning, time management, decision-making,
organization and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal
communication skills are required. The ability to thrive in a
fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment. Ability to
establish and maintain a positive and professional working
relationship with all individuals. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to work overtime,
irregular hours and occasionally travel.
Keywords: Landry's, Lake Charles , Slot Asst Shift Manager, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!