Route Delivery Driver (CDL B)
Company: Hawkins Chemical
Posted on: June 10, 2021
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER WITH A GROWING ORGANIZATION?
Hawkins, Inc. is looking for motivated individuals that can work
independently and help contribute to a team as a Driver! This role
provides you opportunities for:
- On the job training
- Schooling for your CDL
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k employer match
- Company paid uniforms
- Company paid disability
- Strong safety culture
- Opportunity to build customer relationships
- A focus on YOUR DEVELOPMENT!
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender,
distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals,
reagent grade laboratory chemicals, and other specialty ingredients
sold to municipalities and a wide variety of industries. Founded in
1938 and headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota with 44 facilities
in 20 states, Hawkins creates value for its customers through
superb customer service and support, quality products and
Our Water Treatment division provides services a wide range of
clients; water treatment systems, municipal and commercial swimming
pools, industrial process and wastewater facilities, food
manufacturers, and the oil and gas industry. This is our fastest
growing division and we look to continue to provide excellent
support to our customers and expand our territory. We utilize a
route salesperson/delivery approach in supplying products and
equipment to our customers, and our Technical Sales Representatives
are trained to handle on-the-spot service on equipment and find
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a dedicated Driver who will be
responsible for route deliveries of a variety of chemical products.
This position will be based out of Sulphur , LA.
- Safely drive a Class B commercial vehicle to safely deliver
- At warehouse or customer location, load and unload all
chemicals, totes, tanks, drums, bags, cases, etc. for the route,
consisting of +/- 15 stops per day with upwards of 200 miles of
driving per day.
- Perform tank transfers, gallon calculations, container filling,
dump drums, move 50-100 lb. sacks.
- Perform "in process" analytical methods to maintain quality
standards and take corrective action as needed.
- Completely fill out required paperwork, including shipping and
receiving paperwork, plant data sheets, inventory sheets,
inspection reports, and other reports as required.
- Provide routine minor maintenance to process equipment and
instrumentation, including equipment on truck.
- Follow all safety procedures and safely operate motorized and
non-motorized equipment and vehicles, including double-axle tandem
truck, forklift and pallet jack, while complying with all
applicable laws, regulations and standard operating
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Uphold Hawkins standard of excellence through a continuous
commitment to maintaining quality products and services to internal
and external customers.
- Valid Class "B" Commercial Driver's License, ideally with
Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships effectively
through verbal and written channels.
- Experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment
preferred, previous experience handling chemicals is
- Team player, customer focused, positive attitude.
- Ability to use various basic computer programs/functions such
as electronic logs, inventory systems, email and data entry.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. frequently, and
push/pull drums up to 700 lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk up to 12 hours per day, perform
manual dexterity tasks, and turn, twist, stoop, bend and reach as
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 20 feet, on
- Ability to work in typical inside and outside conditions,
including noise and temperature variances.
- No exposed jewelry or body piercings when in a production
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 2 hours a day.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package
and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about
us at www.hawkinsinc.com /careers .
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race,
gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer
Keywords: Hawkins Chemical, Lake Charles , Route Delivery Driver (CDL B), Other , Sulphur, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!