Equal Opportunity Employer:
$3,000.00 Sign On Bonus!!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971.
With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest
trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and
leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural
Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states,
the District of Columbia, and Canada.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on
engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment
that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical,
diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies?
Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to
use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide
opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide
superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some
locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our
technician's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices
of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training,
growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards - check us out, we may
be the company for you.
I. Job Summary
Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, and
troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to,
bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks,
farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors,
transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M.
checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants,
water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed
site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Dismantles, and instructs less experienced mechanics in the
dismantling of, devices to gain access to and remove defective
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control
- Installs special functional and structural parts in
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking
tools to make and repair parts.
- Coordinates purchase orders for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Assists or directs less experienced heavy equipment mechanics
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None Required
- Experience: Six (6) years of prior heavy equipment and diesel
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures
utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment,
skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to
effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to
diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles,
ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and
knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking
for, please click "Apply."