Deckhand - Tug - Lake Charles
Company: Harbor Docking & Towing LLC
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Role Objectives: The role of harbor tug Deckhand is to
assist the tug Master and crew in the timely, efficient, and
orderly operation of the companys tug. All Deckhands must hold the
appropriate and unexpired Merchant Mariner Credential, Medical
Credential, and Transportation Worker Identification Credential
(TWIC) card. The Deckhand must be familiar with and dedicated to
the safety, environmental health, security, and maintenance
standards of the crew, vessel, and company.
- Under the direct supervision of a qualified operator,
maneuvering the towing vessel in a safe, disciplined, prudent, and
- Maintaining unity, good order, and discipline among the
- Familiarizing him/her self with the responsibilities,
authority, and duties of the permanent deckhand and Mate
- Rapidly acquiring expertise in company policies and
- Ensuring that company policies and procedures are
- Actively participating in drills, training, company meetings
and on board safety evolutions, and enhancing the safety and
security posture of the vessel,
- Assisting in vessel orientation for new crewmembers,
- Reporting deficiencies in the vessel or crew to the
- Maintaining a professional attitude during operations and
whenever dealing with customers, partners or company
- Other appropriate tasks and duties as may be assigned from time
to time by company officials or the master.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing,
- Effectiveness in operating equipment associated with navigation
and communications, such as VHF radios, radar units, AIS receivers,
and personal computers,
- Safe, proper and effective operation of all tools and
- Appropriate vessel handling, navigation, watchstanding, and
- Strong problem-solving ability,
- Good spatial orientation and assertiveness,
- Effective social adaptability, interpersonal skills, and
- The minimum credential of OS/Wiper. Prefer National Able Bodied
Seaman-Limited or higher and experience on towing on Inland or Near
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence
- TWIC card and drivers license required, plus reliable
transportation in the states of Louisiana and Texas,
- Must reside in the vicinity of Lake Charles, LA, or be willing
and able to relocate/travel as necessary at own expense.
- The worker will exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
up to 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 20 pounds of force
- Requires hearing, talking, grasping quickly, climbing,
balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, crawling and swimming.
- The worker is required to have the ability to see details at a
distance and depth perception to judge which of several objects is
closer or farther away or to judge the distance between him/her and
an object. Must have normal color vision.
- The worker is subject to environmental conditions with no
protection from the weather.
- The worker is subject to noise, vibration, hazards, and is
frequently in close quarters and small enclosed area and is
required to function in small vessels.
Keywords: Harbor Docking & Towing LLC, Lake Charles , Deckhand - Tug - Lake Charles, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!