Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that opened
in December 2014. The property contains nearly 1,100 well-appointed
hotel rooms and suites with private balconies available. It sports
an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and
marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a
waterslide and lazy river. Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment
showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine
jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry's signature
restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino
with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest
slot machines. We offer an abundance of premier employment
opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing,
entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and
talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your
next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment through its various subsidiaries and
affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant,
hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and
operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas
and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi,
Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant
operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35
states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the
names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry's Seafood
House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump,
Morton's - The Steakhouse, McCormick's & Schmick's and Claim Jumper
and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which
include Vic & Anthony's, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in
the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment
businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa
and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the
Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail
complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure
Pier in Galveston, Texas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission
Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden
Nugget and departmental policies and procedures.
- Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest
service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and
- Assures that the working area is clean and sanitary in
accordance with local and state health department codes.
- Serves all guests according to established standards of quality
and in pre-determined portions.
- Assures that all food preparation and service areas are in
accordance with the local, state and Federal health department
- Follows department Standards and Procedures
- Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within
area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and
responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate
management of concerns and observations.
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management
and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or
internal ethics violations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends
and holidays is required.
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere
that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive,
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the
accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a
role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement and enthusiasm, while being
able to project a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication
- Display strong work ethic and team work.
- Trained on all stations and has completed station grids
- Understands all recipe specs and platting requirements
- Able to work well with FOH and BOH team members
- Able to use Eye for Detail on all menu items
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A culinary apprenticeship, an A.O.S. degree from a culinary
institution or an equivalent with 4 years industry experience is
Must possess basic mathematical skills to include ability to
add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to position
Ability to read and understand all policies and procedures.
Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, team
members and management in English, specific to position duties and
Must be able to complete standard forms and reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the duties
and responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions, duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand
and walk for an entire shift. Must be able to lift, push and pull
up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
duties and responsibilities of this position.
- The working conditions are those typically found in an indoor,
climate controlled Kitchen environment.
- The employee regularly works around mechanical moving
- Occasional exposure to a casino environment which includes
exposure to gaming related environmental factors including, but not
limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise, high volume
guest/employee contact in a fast-paced, continuously evolving