Part-Time Day Custodian at Southwest Louisiana Charter Academy
Company: Charter Schools USA
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: June 8, 2021
JOB PURPOSE: Ensure existing facilities are kept clean, safe and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clean assigned areas:
- Interior - Hallways, Restrooms, Offices, Classrooms,
Multi-purpose Room, and any other area assigned by supervisor
- Exterior - Perimeter of school building, parking lot,
playground, windows, and any other area assigned by supervisor
- Empty Trash from any and all trash receptacles.
- Dust FF&E, window sills, air vents and any other area
assigned by supervisor.
- Clean and sterilize restroom facilities.
- Clean up bodily messes including vomit, feces, urine and blood
in accordance with training.
- Remove waste in cafeteria for breakfast and lunch.
- Assist with cleaning cafeteria tables.
- Keep cafeteria floors at an acceptable clean level.
- Sterilize all high use areas to reduce the spread of bacteria
and any other harmful agents.
- Assist Head Custodian with cleaning projects or tasks.
- Assist with the creation and aide in building preventative
maintenance processes and monitoring systems for extended life of
facility related components.
- Travel may be required to nearby schools or
- Participate, successfully, in the training programs offered to
increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the
- Review current developments, literature and janitorial sources
of information related to job responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and maximum safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as delegated by Supervisor.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company
Director of Projects & Facilities will assess the effectiveness
annually with respect to the performance of specific
responsibilities in coordination with school administration,
maintenance coordinator and head custodian:
- Must carry hand-held radio at all times while on school
property if assigned by Supervisor.
- Must stay on school property at all times - from beginning of
work day until the end of the day, including lunch.
- Assigned a 30-minute lunch break but the time of the lunch
period will be changed accordingly to the school's needs. All
Custodians are required to report and assist with all emergency
situations as needed.
- No Custodian is allowed to leave campus to run errands
(personally or for the school) without permission from their
MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Education - minimum high school graduate with continuing
education construction or facilities related.
- Experience - A minimum of 1 years of janitorial trade
- Special Qualifications -Must possess the above knowledge,
skills, and abilities (Skills and Knowledge).
Keywords: Charter Schools USA, Lake Charles , Part-Time Day Custodian at Southwest Louisiana Charter Academy, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!