Patient Access Representative
Company: Lake Charles Memorial Hospital
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Patient Access Representative position requirements:
- Greets all customers in a professional and friendly manner.
Employees body language and tone are welcoming and exudes care and
compassion. Quickly ascertain the reason for the visit and ensure
the patient is in the correct area.
- Ensure patients receive a timely registration and typically
does not exceed 15 minutes as to keep the patient flow moving thru
the area, this also ensures that the clinical schedules are not
affected by registration processes.
- Collects updated demographic information and accurately codes
information on all patients, including but not limited to: contact
numbers, emergency contact, mailing address, Living Will
information, email address, marital status, Patient Type, Point of
Origin, Service, Arrival By, OP Location, Visit Status, Insurance
Payer, Insurance policy and group number, insurance subscriber,
Physician, and occurrence Codes.
- Employee completes patient estimates using EPRO. Employee is
knowledgeable of CPT and procedure codes and is able to accurately
complete estimates. Is knowledgeable about insurance processing and
is able to explain deductibles, co-insurance, co-payments and how
processing occurs. Uses EPRO on all applicable patients and only
excludes those that have Medicaid, Medicare and a secondary
insurance, and those patients who qualify for full coverage under
financial assistance. Employee strives to meet cash collection
- Uses PCA (Compliance Advisor) for all applicable patients by
entering the appropriate diagnosis and CPT codes to ensure payer
coverage. Informs patients of their possible financial obligations
and ensures the appropriate ABN has been signed and is scanned into
- Obtains all signatures, using e-signatures, paying special
attention to Medicare patients and the additional forms required.
Provide a copy of the important Medicare notice to all Medicare
patients. Complete MSP on all Medicare patients while also
informing patient of questionnaire and the reasoning behind it.
Answers all appropriate questions and ensures accurate information
- Employee obtains a copy of the patients photo ID and insurance
card (if applicable and available). Documents are scanned to
accounts ensuring documents are clear when saved.
- Employee creates a tickler for insurance verification of
coverage and benefits on appropriate accounts as well as initiating
an authorization when necessary.
- Employee is knowledgeable of the LCMH Financial Assistance
program and is well versed and able to give a clear definition of
the program to all customers. Employee is able to recognize when
someone may need assistance and offers assistance without
hesitation. Employee provides application and provides details as
to what information will be needed to process a complete
- Employee is attentive at all times and can identify when help
is needed and is able to give clear directions to all customers. If
customer cannot understand employee escorts the patient to the
- Immediately notifies House Supervisor of all direct admissions
at the time of arrival to ease some of the wait time for the
- Knowledgeably discuss the online Patient Portal and explain the
advantages of the system encouraging them to provide their email
address. Also provides the patient with a pamphlet that lists
detailed instructions on how to log into the portal.
- Verbalizes understanding and is able to speak knowledgeably of
the Patient Secure program and the importance of the product and
increased Patient Safety. Promptly recommends participation in the
program to all patients.
- Assists without prompting of patient flow in their assigned
area, without hesitation the employee is able to quickly analyze
the area and clear up any back log.
- High school graduate or GED.
- At least one year of experience working in healthcare related
field, preferably finance.
- Adequate keyboard skills (40 words per minute typing
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including
ability to discuss medical issues.
- Negotiation skills including assertiveness and being
Keywords: Lake Charles Memorial Hospital, Lake Charles , Patient Access Representative, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!