Superintendent- Maintenance (Plant A)
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work
life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We
work together to enhance peoples' lives through our products and
presence in the communities in which we operate.
We are looking for World-class talent to join our team as a
Maintenance Superintendent in Lake Charles, LA. Westlake Chemical
represents a new kind of chemistry company; one that works to
responsibly harness applied chemistry to solve common problems,
improve everyday life and drive human progress. Blending a strong,
downstream building products business with core materials
capabilities, Westlake Chemical delivers life-enhancing benefits.
Westlake Chemical's chemical products can be found in high
performance plastics, pulp and paper production packaging, chemical
intermediates, pharmaceuticals, medical and agricultural
applications and paints, acrylics and varnishes. With its scale and
resources, Westlake Chemical is committed to being a leader in
sustainable practices, a responsible environmental steward, and a
force for progress.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support and drive accident prevention and environmental
- Ensure all maintenance activities are conducted in a safe and
environmentally sound manner while adhering to all company policies
- Responsible for promoting teamwork, resolving conflict and
building strong work relationships as well as providing training
and counseling for his or her staff.
- Participate in and promote continuous improvement.
- Responsible for keeping maintenance personnel abreast of
advancing technology in diagnostic techniques, repair procedures
and preventative measures to assure optimum performance at minimum
- Provide leadership and coaching where necessary regarding all
planning, scheduling and execution of routine, turnaround and
outage maintenance work within the assigned work area.
- Provide leadership and support to drive development of detailed
asset strategies for improved asset reliability.
- Ensure Root Cause Failure Analysis and/or troubleshooting
procedures to solve repetitive equipment problems is being
- Drive improved productivity, quality of work, and cost control
in area of responsibility.
- Monthly material and labor cost forecasting.
- Annual budgeting process, forecasting, and cost reporting
- Participate and utilize various improvement or benchmarking
projects as required.
- Ensure adherence to the established work management
- Support Maintenance Management with cost analysis & improvement
- Develop and maintain five (5) year maintenance and capital
- Assist with onboarding, training, and mentoring of new
maintenance personnel on various maintenance systems.
- Implementation of contracting strategy cost control
- Communicate and review Maintenance performance metrics and
KPI's with Maintenance and Operational personnel on a regular basis
to improve understanding and to drive improved productivity and
- Responsible for the appraisals of performance of all
- Ensure adherence to maintenance standards and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven Safety Leader
- Engineering Degree required with minimum 10 years Operational
and/or Maintenance experience in manufacturing
- Previous experience in industrial plant operations with
knowledge of maintenance, planning and scheduling requirements
- Experience with MS Office and experience with SAP preferred or
- Ability to communicate effectively with Production, Maintenance
and Engineering department peers, managers, supervisors and crafts
- Successful candidate should exhibit individual initiative and
constantly seek continuous improvement
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable
If you are an active Westlake Chemical employee (or an employee
of any Westlake Chemical affiliates), please do not apply here.
Please go to your Workday homepage and click on the "Careers"
worklet and view "Westlake Career Opportunities".
Keywords: Axiall, Lake Charles , Superintendent- Maintenance (Plant A), Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!