Physical Therapist (PT) - PRN
Company: Lagniappe Rehabilitation Services
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Provides physical therapy and related services for patients,
caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principles and
practices of physical therapy and with Lagniappe Rehabilitation
guidelines. Provides quality PT including: Evaluation of patients,
development of initial and ongoing treatment and discharge plan,
supervision of assistants and aides and participates in case
management. Represents Lagniappe Rehabilitation' commitment to
quality and service in all interactions with facility. Adheres to
all state regulations regarding physical therapy.
- Optimize the functionality and skills of patients by providing,
directing and/or overseeing Lagniappe Rehabilitation therapy in the
following: screening of all residents, assessing and treating all
patients who might benefit from therapy as referred by state
approved referral source; adhere to Minimum Data Set (MDS)
procedures and effective care planning; thoroughly documenting
progress toward identified objectives; and communicating patient
status and needs to the patient, family and other involved
- Refers patients for treatment to Certified Physical Therapy
Assistants (PTA's) throughout the cluster.
- Provides consultation and clinical supervision to PTA's
throughout the cluster.
- Maintains availability to answer questions from PTA's.
- Directly supervises PTA and Rehab Aide in skilled tasks during
group and individual treatment in a manner that promotes efficient
and effective utilization of resources and facilitates the ongoing
development of clinical skills in accordance with State Practice
Acts, Omnibus Reconciliation Act (OBRA), and Lagniappe
- Build a strong rehabilitation practice within each facility by
performing or directing and supervising physical therapy staff in
the following activities: establishing and maintaining courteous
and helpful interaction patterns with staff, patients, and families
which reflect sensitivity to individual needs and a problem solving
approach; actively integrating therapy's role into facility and
interdisciplinary treatment team; contributing to facility patient
care, utilization review, case management, administrative
staff/department head, and family conference
activities/communications; establishing and maintaining a good
working relationship with other healthcare professionals and
colleagues in the community; making appropriate referrals to other
members of the rehabilitation team, developing and implementing new
programs/techniques to enhance rehabilitation services; adhering to
established facility policies and procedures related to
environmental safety, orderliness, risk management, infection
control and emergency situations; and adhering to the requirements
of the patient's Bill of Rights.
- Enhancing clinical expertise, professional and management
skills through interaction with managers, therapists and other
professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education
activities; maintaining valid state license (where appropriate);
obtain membership and participate in professional organizations;
maintain awareness of issues related to the profession of physical
therapy and the health care environment.
- Understand managed care/Prospective Payment System (PPS)
billing and treatment guidelines. Provide quality care as well as
reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
- Compliant with infection control procedures and environmental
safety protocol within a facility.
- Maintain confidentiality of Lagniappe Rehabilitation, facility
and patient information.
- Supervison of foreign trained and students.
- Graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
accredited school of physical therapy.
- Valid state license (where appropriate).
- Valid driver's license.
- Travel between facilities during scheduled hours.
- Work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Rehabilitation
- Attendance at all Lagniappe Rehabilitation staff meetings is
- Patient lifting using appropriate biomechanical techniques
frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be
capable of easily lifting (50) pounds of dead weight alone.
- To walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work
- Visual, auditory and speaking skills sufficient to evaluate,
diagnose, communicate and monitor patient needs, and to maintain
accurate records, recognize people and provide and understand
written, verbal and gestural communications.
- Fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing and
keystroking for charting, scheduling, daily correspondence, and
- Fine motor skills for handling of diagnostic and therapeutic
- Sustain activity for multiple consecutive hours in accordance
with state labor laws.
Keywords: Lagniappe Rehabilitation Services, Lake Charles , Physical Therapist (PT) - PRN, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!