Registered Nurse - PRN Home Health
Company: Lake Charles Memorial Hospital
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: June 8, 2021
PRN RN for home health visits. Home Health experience a plus. If
no home health experience, candidate must be available for three
week orientation period Monday-Friday.
A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients
on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is
performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care
under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and
currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates
the patients nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and
summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely
manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting
nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and
changes in condition. Completes certification/recertification
orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist,
Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients
requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to
- Participates in peer review and Quality Assessment and
Performance Improvement as assigned.
- Gives total patient care as needed.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments,
transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change
in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-10 codes.
Keywords: Lake Charles Memorial Hospital, Lake Charles , Registered Nurse - PRN Home Health, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!