Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Provides clerical and administrative support to departmental
Managers, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily
operations, including recording and reporting data.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and
- Creates, distributes, and closes-out customer tickets on a
- Maintains and distributes department related information on a
- Communicates with other supervisors and managers about
operations and/or dispatch issues.
- Completes and maintains a variety of reports as directed by the
- Uses software tools to manage a variety of tasks, such as
procurement, time and attendance, safety incidents, and contract
- Assists with data collection and reporting required for
incentive pay programs.
- Assists with the processing of payments and other financial
tasks as necessary.
- Assists in the implementation of operational projects as
- Communicates with customers about service issues as
- Communicates with employees about scheduling and work
assignments as needed.
- May enter and maintain Service Machine SMART data on a daily
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. (accredited)
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
B.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking
for, please click "Apply."