Senior Global Compensation Partner
Company: VMware, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
VMware's Compensation model focuses on empowering people
managers to be self-sufficient with compensation analysis and
decision making. The Compensation Consulting team focuses on two
primary areas: 1/Business Consulting - working on strategic
initiatives to assess and develop strategies and programs to
address new business needs and 2/Management Consulting where Comp
consultants provide more traditional comp analysis and program
support to HR Partners to assist them in supporting their client
- Manage portfolio of compensation projects including pay and
bonus program consulting support, balancing resources to ensure the
highest priority strategic work is tackled first while compliance
and other standard work is managed appropriately
- Collaborate with Comp Programs and Operations to drive change
management initiatives holistically from the executive staff, HR
Business and Management Partners, Managers, and employees. This
includes aligning roles and responsibilities of various HR teams to
provide leadership support as one unified HR team.
- Provide diagnostics and guidance related to health of
compensation programs return on investment.
- Provide comp consulting to top leadership team members based on
deep subject matter expertise.
- Manage job architecture, job levelling and career ladder
support for client groups.
Job Role and Responsibility
As a member of the Global Compensation Consulting Team reporting
to the Compensation Consulting Director, you will provide
strategic, consultative, technical and analytical advice to
colleagues in HR, Sales Operations, Finance and the business, and
will be responsible for a broad range of compensation projects.
This is both a strategic and operational role which requires the
ability to both present and discuss strategic HR topics and to
perform detailed and technical analysis.
- Contribute to the determination of the global compensation
strategy for VMware and design of compensation programs.
- Maintain close partnership with the Global Sales Compensation
Team (Global Sales Operations) who own sales and customer success
compensation plan design and plan terms and conditions.
- Assess the degree to which VMW incentive and sales plans are
engaging, performance-driven and strategically aligned. Understand
VMW Go To Market model for growth and go-to-market strategy. Engage
with VMW leadership team to gain a cross-functional perspective on
sales force effectiveness, and the role sales compensation should
play in helping to achieve strategic goals.
- Represent the HR Comp team in projects focused on Customer
Success org transformation, regarding job architecture and/or
- Create and present comprehensive analysis to assess
compensation issues in the business and provide market competitive
and business aligned solutions using internal and external
benchmark data sources.
- Give appropriate advice to ensure the integrity of job and
grade architecture and pay ranges; and manage job and pay mix
- Participate in Compensation, HR and business projects as
- Influence other functions including HR Partners, Executive
Compensation, Sales Operations and Finance by partnering on a
variety of compensation related projects and issues.
- Represent the team in cross-functional meetings and other
forums, providing back-up coverage for the team leader or team
members as applicable.
- Collaborate closely with other compensation team members to
share knowledge and creative solutions to ensure consistent advice
to the business.
- Provide guidance, advice, analysis and training in connection
with sales compensation policies, plans, and job design.
- Understand how sales incentive systems and processes are used
so that program administration abilities are considered in the plan
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related area
- Up to 8yrs. of compensation consulting experience, including
sales comp and international compensation challenges.
- Experience working with sales and incentive compensation
program design, competitive market analysis, forecasting
trends/costs and modeling outcomes
- Experience in customer
- Advanced Excel modelling expertise, and preferably experience
using Workday or similar
- Strong attention to detail, financial, business, and analytical
acumen, intellectual curiosity, creativity
- Strong understanding of business processes.
- Consulting experience: Able to quickly evaluate complex client
issues and demonstrate experiences in solving business challenges
with analytic solutions. Able to lead through influence
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the
capability to present recommendations to a senior exec team.
Ability to articulate and distill complex issues and concepts to
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, design, and recommend market
competitive solutions aligned to business strategy.
- Extensive experience partnering with compensation survey and
consulting firms. Able to take ownership for identifying new and
unfamiliar contacts and resources. Able to build contacts and
network effectively to achieve deliverables.
- Ability to investigate compensation issues thoroughly and
drives issues through to resolution. Applies knowledge of
compensation policies and procedures to recommend and implement
- Strong team orientation with collaborative style, which engages
stakeholders and leads to good decisions.
- Ability to see the big picture, represent beyond specific area
of expertise, and identify the right path to achieve
- Advanced Degree
- Previous SaaS company experience. Understanding of the
challenges of SaaS sales and customer organizations, including
business transformation, customer markets, product/service
offerings, sales channels and the nature of jobs covering these
channels, customer success management programs and tools, SaaS
incentive plan design and revenue metrics.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based
immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in the United
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age,
physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil
union or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, family medical history or genetic information, family or
parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not
tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware
will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have
protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Keywords: VMware, Inc., Lake Charles , Senior Global Compensation Partner, Other , Iowa, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!