Soft Count Clerk
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that opened
in December 2014. The property contains nearly 1,100 well-appointed
hotel rooms and suites with private balconies available. It sports
an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and
marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a
waterslide and lazy river. Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment
showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine
jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry's signature
restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino
with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest
slot machines. We offer an abundance of premier employment
opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing,
entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and
talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your
next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment through its various subsidiaries and
affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant,
hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and
operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas
and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi,
Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant
operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35
states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the
names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry's Seafood
House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump,
Morton's - The Steakhouse, McCormick's & Schmick's and Claim Jumper
and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which
include Vic & Anthony's, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in
the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment
businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa
and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the
Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail
complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure
Pier in Galveston, Texas.
Under the direction of the Count Room Manager or Supervisor, the
incumbent is responsible for counting the revenues from all
departments in the casino, both gaming and nongaming.
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Regulations,
Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and
departmental policies and procedures.
- Count Clerks are responsible for collecting funds from slot
- This is done by sliding out one cash receiving device and
sliding in an empty replacement according to state approved routes
- The count clerk is responsible for accurately reporting and
documenting the amount of funds received through gaming play. Each
casino operator has detailed procedures designed to ensure accuracy
and discourage theft or embezzlement. Following these procedures
precisely "by the book" is one of the count room clerk's core
- Count clerks must be unfailingly civil and polite with the
casino's guests, even when they're inebriated or abusive. Clerks
must also avoid public displays of friction with fellow
- Count clerks are required to wear a one-piece, pocket-less
jumpsuit as an outer garment, acceptable clothing beneath and
steel-toed work boots.
- Anyone working as a count room clerk faces a number of specific
workplace-related challenges. Such as:
- An environment filled with second-hand tobacco smoke.
- The job involves a great deal of bending, stretching and
lifting, so clerks must meet minimum standards of mobility and
- Prior to any break, security must check uniform
- Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest
service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and
- Assist in sorting, counting, and recording of currency in the
- Count the revenues from all departments in the casino, both
gaming and nongaming.
- Must maintain the strictest confidentiality of any and all
- Complete reported drop totals accurately.
- Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within
area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and
responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate
management of concerns and observations.
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management
and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or
internal ethics violations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Cash handling skills required.
- Cash handling experience in a high volume environment strongly
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have solid decision-making, organization, and interpersonal
skills. Excellent verbal communication skills are required. The
ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on
environment. Ability to establish and maintain a positive and
professional working relationships with all individuals. Ability to
work occasional overtime and irregular hours.
Keywords: Landry's, Lake Charles , Soft Count Clerk, Other , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!