Local prison release program is seeking an
Administrative Assistant to provide support which
includes typing, filing, answering office line, scheduling, record
keeping, creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets, coordinating
of training/conferences and travel, ordering/maintaining office
supplies for staff and interacting with a diverse offender
population. Will have knowledge of confidential organizational
information and must protect it as such. Some independent judgment
is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload;
may recommend changes in office practices or procedures.
1. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing systems
for submission to Department of Public Safety & Corrections.
2. Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and
correspondence; regularly handles confidential information.
3. Works with Assistant Director on both special and ongoing
projects which may include planning and coordinating class
orientations, disseminating information and creating graduation
4. Creates and maintains Excel spreadsheets.
5. Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings,
travels, conferences and department activities.
6. Assists the Reentry staff with tasks as needed.
7. Orders and maintains general office supply inventory.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Reentry.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Associate degree or higher level of education in related
2. Administrative and customer service experience (1 year
3. Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint and Excel.
4. US Work Authorization
- Detail Oriented
- Organizational skills
- Time management
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: This is a full-time office
position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job is located at a correctional
facility; however, this job operates primarily in a professional
office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off after 1 year
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday