Prepares site for daily work, performs all housekeeping and
duties necessary for daily activities.
* Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement
and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
* Tend to machines that pump concrete, grout, and sand.
* Tend to pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power
for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials
such as asphalt.
* Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment, and
* Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling
devices in confined and/or hazardous environments.
* Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible
hazards, while following all waste handling guidelines.
* Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
* Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic
barricades, ramps and other temporary structures.
* Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and
tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according
to project plans and specifications.
* Act as a watch when welding or metal cutting is performed by
* Expedites materials and equipment to work locations and sets
up work sites.
* Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs
various janitorial activities.
* Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and
project rules, including wearing required personal safety
* Performs other duties as required.
* Able to perform some support tasks with close
supervision/direction and support.
* Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and
* The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary
depending on months of experience.
* Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to
determine work activities.
* Plan work and select proper tools.
* Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of
lines, figures and objects.
* Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and
* Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
* Work at heights without fear.
* Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and
procedures within the field.
* Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the functions of the job.
* Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do
not typically require exercising independent judgement. Typically
reports to a supervisor or manager.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%),