Application Support Technical Analyst
Company: Imperial Health
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: September 13, 2022
This position is: Full TimePosition Location: Lake Charles,
LAJOB DESCRIPTIONJOB* TITLE: Senior Systems Analyst*
- *GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: As an Applications Support
Technical Analyst, your primary responsibilities are the support of
multiple SQL based/web based EMR/PM platforms and solutions
including, Athena Practice/GE Centricity, Experian Passport,
NextGen Patient Portal, and other user and patient facing
applications. The analyst must also be able to fully engage in the
implementation and ultimate support of applications while aligning
business processes. The analyst will need to be able to bridge the
gap between functional EMR solutions and align activities to work
with developers/solution providers to help them design, test and
support integrations, create new improvement processes and
communicate status changes as they occur. This role is responsible
for system configurations, understanding business requirements,
facilitating user acceptance testing, and creating support
documentation.The ideal candidate for Applications Support
Technical Analyst will need to have excellent position knowledge
and skill and will have worked in several areas of healthcare
including any or all of the following: billing, coding, EMR admin,
clinical support, EMR support, scheduling and/or patient data
management.This resource must be able to work independently and
work as a member of a team. Limited travel will be required within
the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana area.Responsibilities and
Technical Skills Required:
- Prior experience in support, upgrades, and integration
- Functional Technical skills in any EMR/PM suite of
- Willingness and capacity to learn complex technical solutions
within the application and supporting back end systems.Added Plus:
- SQL Scripting/Batch Processing.
- Web Based supporting applications.
- New User Setup and Training.
- Help Desk and Ticketing systems support.
- Background working with diverse/multiple teams, new solutions
and technologies, supporting multiple custom & 3rd party
- Excellent knowledge of features in EMR applications.
- Collaborate and work with other IT support staff including
analytics, security, infrastructure, and technical support.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships to resource-specific
- Proactively identify dependencies and issues between
teams/systems and work to resolve them.
- Communicate project progress, changes, and risks.
- Deliver end-user training, including both one-on-one and
- Must be able to travel throughout the area.
- Information Technology Procurement (licensing and
- Administrative assistant skills
- Payroll or Payment Systems support.This is not a complete list
of technical skills. It is expected that the candidate will need to
go through training to garner those soft or hard skills that are
not listed.Business Skills Required: Business Knowledge: Has
working knowledge of IT service management in a Healthcare
environment; ability to be resourceful and innovative and to align
to the department's environment and evolving priorities in its
service to its customers; analysis of resource allocations and
capacity.Execution: Set and conveys clear goals and monitor
progress; is accessible and supports other team members; obtain
results and add value to the organization by making timely and
sound decisions and influencing others.Attention to Detail: A
concern for ensuring accuracy, clarity, and quality of work
reflecting an underlying drive to increase efficiency and track
organizational measures.Collaboration and Teamwork: Creates
commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and
finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team
members and other constituencies; values team accomplishments over
individual accomplishments; leverages others' strengths and
experiences to achieve team goals; co-operates with colleagues and
shares resources.Client/Relationship Management: Establishes and
builds relationships with business stakeholders. Applies knowledge
to the business and provides personalized, value-added service.
Demonstrates willingness to meet the needs of clients by pursuing
improved courses of action; delivers products and services that
best serve client needs; uses client feedback as a basis for
improving service and performs necessary follow-up work without
being prompted.Education and Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience 5+ years
of experience in complete life cycle of EMR and PM systems
(upgrades, conversions, integrations)
- Knowledge and experience with developing functional design
documents, technical & user documentation, and configuration
- Experience in supporting production upgrades, change control,
and user testing & training.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and resolving EMR/PM
applications and operational issues.
- Experience delivering projects with vendor partners. Manage
vendor timelines and deliverables across internal and external
- Well-organized task planner with the ability to scope projects
in a highly detailed manner
- Strong leadership qualities; ability to interface with
cross-functional teams such as Finance, Development, and Business
- Ability to build strong rapport with stakeholders to influence
the desired outcome
- Able to independently develop Functional Design Documents.
- EMR Systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- This resource must be able to work independently and work as a
member of a team.
- Limited travel will be required within the Lake
Charles/Southwest Louisiana area.Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayWork Location: One location
Keywords: Imperial Health, Lake Charles , Application Support Technical Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!