Store Hardlines Manager - #237 Lake Charles, LA
Company: Academy Sports + Outdoors
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you
will be required to also create a candidate home account with
Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate
contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have
included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors
job application.Come work at a place where we take pride in
creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment,
and growth.Job Description:Education: Bachelor's degree in related
field preferred.Work Experiences:
- At least three years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated success in leading overall departments of up to 40
people to drive operational excellence and sales targets.Skills:
- Exceptional supervisory and management skills; ability to
effectively coach department members on store policies, protocols
and expectations; leads by example and effectively drives the
performance of team members.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business
implications of decisions, knowledge of market and competition and
an orientation to profitability and established targets.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Speaks clearly, positively and persuasively and demonstrates
active listening in a variety of situations with team members,
customers, business partners and the general public.
- Writes reports, business correspondence and procedure
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from
groups of team members, business partners, customers and the
- Applies common sense understanding and reasoning to make
appropriate, timely decisions.
- Working knowledge of inventory software, order processing
systems, payroll systems and Microsoft Office products such as Word
- Proficiently uses basic mathematical computations and applies
common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written,
oral or diagram form.Key Responsibilities:
- Full-time position averaging 45-50 hours/week.
- Overall management responsibility for the execution and
operational excellence of the entire store.
- Management responsibility for Hardlines Sales and actively
participates in the personnel decisions of team members, including,
but not limited to, employee selection, training, discipline,
termination and development.
- Provides departmental direction to the Hardlines Sales team and
daily supervisory oversight to Team Leads and team members to
ensure that exceptional customer service is the priority of
interaction with customers.
- Develops and implements strategy for achieving weekly and
monthly operational goals and completing tasks assigned to the
store. This includes the development, analysis and implementation
of the sales, staffing, training, payroll hours and scheduling of
- Manages workforce productivity, efficiency and process
improvement projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for holding team members accountable for compliance
with established sales, safety and security practices and
procedures in conjunction with local, state and federal
- Ensures the completion of departmental zoning and adherence to
department, store and Company standards.
- Responsible for supervising the execution of various
assignments as delegated by the Store Director in Playbook.
- Actively participates in floor walks with Regional Vice
President, District Manager, and Store Director and creates an
implementation plan to make changes based on feedback provided in
- Audits firearm sales in compliance with federal and state law,
including properly completing ATF Form 4473 and conducting
background checks, and signs off as final approver.
- Required to complete Firearms Sales Certification
- Successful completion of Academy Leadership University.
- Provides supervisory oversight to the team member talent
lifecycle including hiring, onboarding, developing and coaching
- Required to learn, understand and enforce company policies,
procedures and safety rules.
- Adheres to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules
applicable to management-level employees.
- Duties may change and Sales Manager may be required to perform
other duties as assigned.Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to
stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach
with hands and arms.
- Occasionally climb or balance, or stoop, kneel, crouch and
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.Full timeEqual Employment
OpportunityAcademy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices
on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other
category protected by law.COVID-19 Testing and Face Covering
PolicyAcademy encourages but does not require COVID-19 vaccination.
In compliance with the OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard, however,
Academy's COVID-19 Testing and Face Covering Policy (found HERE)
requires that all Team Members submit their vaccination status.
Team Members who are not fully vaccinated must wear a face covering
while on Academy's premises and submit regular COVID-19 test
results at their own expense. Team Members are considered fully
vaccinated when they provide Academy with written proof that two
weeks have passed since receiving either a single-dose series
COVID-19 vaccine or the second dose of a two-dose series COVID-19
Keywords: Academy Sports + Outdoors, Lake Charles , Store Hardlines Manager - #237 Lake Charles, LA, Hospitality & Tourism , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!