Care Transition Coordinator - RN
Company: Heart of Hospice, LLC
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: November 15, 2023
We are hiring for a Care Transition Coordinator (RN). At Heart
of Hospice, a part of LHC Group, we embrace a culture of caring,
belonging, and trust and enjoy the meaningful connections that come
from it: for the whole patient, their families, each other, and the
communities we serve-it truly is all about helping people. You can
find a home for your career here. ? ?As a Registered Nurse, you can
- flexibility for true work-life balance
- opportunities for career growth
- the ability to build trusted nurse-patient relationships
- employee-focused wellness and support programs ?If you love
nursing and want to strengthen your experience, this is a great
opportunity for you. The Care Transition Coordinators primary
responsibility is to facilitate a seamless transition for
patientsdischarging from a facility setting to the care of an LHC
Group hospice agency. The CTC will verify hospice orders,assess
patient needs, and ensure continuity of care and the agency's
ability to meet the needs of the patient asthey transition out of
the hospital. This position will also provide oversight for any
hospice patients that requiregeneral inpatient care in the assigned
facility. The CTC will strive to support, educate and collaborate
with facilitystaff on the provision of hospice services.
- Successfully executes a weekly, monthly, and quarterly strategy
to increase market share through key account development including
prospecting diversification and call frequency routing. Plans
activity to maximize territory coverage of both existing and
- Responsible for achievement of admission goals-expectations as
established at hire or at review of annual agencybudget goals.
- Assists the LHC Group agency with the preparation for accepting
care of the patient post discharge from thehospital.
- Coordinates other services for the patient with ancillary
service providers (DME-Infusion).
- Coordinates the gathering, organization and transfer of
necessary information to the applicable LHC Groupagency staff.
- Ensures the availability of a attending physician to follow the
patients care in the home or the transfer of primary care to the
hospice medical director.
- Must have one year hospice experience or one year of hospital
case management experience.
- Must have current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have thorough understanding of hospice qualifying criteria
and coverage guidelines.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Current CPR, driver's license, valid vehicle insurance and
access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Keywords: Heart of Hospice, LLC, Lake Charles , Care Transition Coordinator - RN, Healthcare , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!