Nurse Extern Winter Program
Company: Christus Health
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: September 16, 2022
DescriptionSummary: Under the supervision and/or direction of
the Registered Nurse, the Nurse Extern II performs various direct
patient care activities in accordance with the Nursing Department
policies and procedures. The Nurse Extern II is able to assist with
the care of hospitalized patients. The Nurse Extern II may be
assigned other functions in accordance with hospital/department
policies, procedures, and protocols. Summer Extern Program:
- Purpose: To assist in preparing nursing students to be practice
ready utilizing academic-practice partnerships.
- Work and learn side by side with front line nurses
- Gain valuable Hospital experience
- Education comes first- self scheduling available
- No contracts; Competitive hourly compensation
- Start date: - December 5th, 2022
- Applications Close: November 1st, 2022 Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a nursing program to obtain either an
associate degree or bachelor's degree to become a registered
- Must have completed their first hospital clinical rotation and
be in good standing in the nursing program
- Proficient in basic nursing tasks.
- Provides updated transcript at beginning of semester.
- Six (6) months experience in patient care preferred.
- AHA BLS required within 2 weeks of employment. Work Type: Per
Diem As Needed **Contact Recruiter, Shay Watkins with questions at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 337-491-7101 (leave a voicemail
if call not answered)**
Keywords: Christus Health, Lake Charles , Nurse Extern Winter Program, Healthcare , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!