Independent Optometrist -Walmart
Posted on: June 19, 2022
What you'll do...
As primary health care providers, Doctors of Optometry (ODs), take
a leading role in patient care with respect to eye and vision care
as well as general health and well-being. Optometrists can
diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, disorders, and injuries of
the eye and related structure, as well as address systemic
conditions that can affect the eyes.
What you'll do:
* Evaluate patients' health condition within the full vision center
scope of service to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment in
accordance with optometry scope and practice per state board.
* Perform comprehensive eye examinations using observation,
pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual
perception, acuity, focus and coordination.
* Order and interpret diagnostic tests; provide additional
treatment as necessary.
* Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including
referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and any co-management with
external healthcare professionals as needed.
* Prescribe and fit glasses, contact lenses and other visual
* Deliver outstanding customer service and engagement in all
* Assists vision center staff on best practices and procedures;
ensuring adherence to state, local and federal healthcare
regulations and Walmart vision center guidelines.
* This job description is merely a summary and in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
Doctor of Optometry (OD) from an accredited optometry school
Valid state optometry license
Live our Values
* Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself
and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to
communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and
sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of
integrity, ethics and compliance.
* Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble,
self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
* Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an
environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent
risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
* Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new
technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's
Deliver for the Customer
* Delivers expected business results while putting the customer
first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the
EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
* Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics,
customer insights, and different parts of the business when making
plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
* Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and
retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams;
embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports
diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
* Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and
business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to
achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to
motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
* Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds
the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to
bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners
to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and
regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
1125 N PINE ST, DERIDDER, LA 70634-2819, United States of
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This
mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from
responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between.
As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping
the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of
other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of
customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every
day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique
styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions-
while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for
you & dependents
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
* Associate discounts in-store and online
* Education assistance for Associate and dependents
* Parental Leave
* Pay during military service
* Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
* Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on
your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for
the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please
make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
Keywords: Wal-Mart, Lake Charles , Independent Optometrist -Walmart, Healthcare , Deridder, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!