Clinical Evaluator - Social Services
Company: Choices CCS
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: January 7, 2022
The Clinical Evaluator is responsible for coordinating,
scheduling, conducting, and reporting results of eligibility
assessments. This includes both initial and ongoing eligibility
assessments. All assessments should thoroughly reflect the current
mental health status as well as the needs and risks of youth to
properly inform a plan of care. The Clinical Evaluator will manage
contract evaluators with respect to scheduling assessments and
ensuring that the work of contract evaluators meet Choices'
performance standards.Essential duties and responsibilities
- Completes the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS)
and Individual Behavioral Health Assessment; and all other
documentation required to assess for program eligibility and
- Maintains daily communication with Clinical Director or
designee for coordinating, scheduling, conducting, and reporting
results of assessments.
- Maintains CANS certification and all other necessary
certifications, licensures, and qualifications required to conduct
- Communicates daily and as needed with Clinical Director
regarding the assignment, completion, quality, and substance of the
- Participates in regularly scheduled supervision for ongoing
development and continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrates ability to apply feedback for ongoing improvement
of all tasks associated with coordinating, scheduling, conducting,
and reporting results of assessments and to ensure Choices remains
in compliance with all contractual obligations.
- Conducts work in accordance with established timelines
especially with regard to submitting assessment results. Results
must be entered into an electronic database and a hard copy
provided to the Clinical Director and/or designee.
- Contacts Clinical Director or designee immediately should there
be a reason to believe a youth will not score eligible for the
- Master's degree required and active, unencumbered license (LPC
or LCSW) to practice Mental Health in the state of Louisiana.
- Maintain active CANS Certification.
- Ability to learn and become proficient with The Clinical
Manager (TCM) database and other required databases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Access to reliable transportation. If driving an automobile
while on company business, must possess a valid driver's license in
state of residence and auto insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Conduct interviews and administer surveys and clinical
assessments in person or via telephone to diverse populations.
- Accurately enter data using Microsoft Excel, Word, online
databases, and other related technology.
- Work effectively with internal and external individuals,
including other professionals in the community.
- Effectively communicate to various internal and external
audiences in both person and through various electronic media.
- Manage time and work effectively with minimal
supervision.Salary range $50,000-$55,000Benefits Include:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability, Tuition Reimbursement and a
generous PTO plan.Choices requires employees to be fully vaccinated
as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation for
religious/medical reasons.Help us strengthen familiesDo you know
someone who works for Choices?
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Choices CCS, Lake Charles , Clinical Evaluator - Social Services, Healthcare , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!