Company: InterMountain Management
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Come and see for yourself how rewarding a career with InterMountain
Management can be! General Manager There are many reasons you would
like working for InterMountain Management. While we believe a job
well done is its own reward, we also realize that benefits for
full-time employees like health insurance, vacation time, and
competitive compensation are valuable incentives. We want our
associates to enjoy coming to work, and we strive to maintain a
friendly, family-like atmosphere at both the property-level and our
corporate offices. Employee integrity is reciprocated through
mutual respect and forthright communication. We appreciate the
strong work ethic of our associates and believe in promoting from
within when possible. We understand that the success of our company
is directly proportional to the success of our associates, and we
empower them to achieve their best. No matter the position,
InterMountain Management delivers constant training and support for
a rewarding career. Join InterMountain Management and allow your
talent to shine! Property Details TownePlace Suites Lake Charles
opened in June 2017. The 120-room all-suite hotel is located a
short drive from the L'Auberge and Golden Nugget Casinos, and
features a stylish custom design, with local art throughout. Each
spacious suite offers fully-equipped kitchens, contemporary
furnishings, and amenities to please today's business and leisure
General Manager Job Details An ideal General Manager candidate must
possess extensive knowledge of hotel operations, a positive
attitude, the ability to oversee all operations activities and
departments in hotel in order to maximize revenue, deliver a
positive guest experience and create an team atmosphere that
promotes learning and mentorship. General Manager Duties and
- The General Manager will provide exceptional customer service
to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and
accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local
ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest
relations and safety are followed.
- Maintains and improves property standards and service to ensure
guest satisfaction and the right public image.
- The General Manager will develop annual budget and capital
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with
- Prepare and submit on a timely basis operational
results/reports to corporate office/owners.
- Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with
company and legal requirements and strive for a culturally diverse
- Selects, trains, and directs department supervisors and other
associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies
- Accompany Sales Manager on sales calls and take ownership of
the entire sales process
- The General Manager will become involved in community and/or
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service
- Support team members to ensure the team's entire workload is
- Perform other duties as required. General Manager Job
Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions. General
Manager Education and/or Experience
- Hotel Management, General Business or Marketing degree
- Two to three years management experience preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience. General
Manager Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deal with management, associates, guests, and
general public in a courteous, tactful and patient manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high energy and demanding work
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department
schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and
associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer
or normally work and overtime as required.
- The General Manager requires a good understanding of revenue
generation and profit/loss implications.
- Possess strong working knowledge of P&L statement.
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of hotel
- Excellent guest relation skills.
- The General Manager requires strong interpersonal skills needed
to cultivate customer relations and work with associates of various
levels and backgrounds.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated to work independently
with little guidance.
- Good computer skills.
- Good management skills.
- Practice safety standards at all times. SELECTION GUIDELINES:
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral
interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
Keywords: InterMountain Management, Lake Charles , General Manager, Executive , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!