Director of Sales - Single Property
Company: LBA Hospitality
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: September 14, 2019
To fully develop assigned segments with an emphasis against the
development of new business for assigned hotel. Working with the
General Manager, Regional Revenue Manager and the Regional Director
of Sales, optimally merchandize revenue potential for assigned
property and ensure customers have a memorable hotel experience.
Develop and execute Sales action plans, maintain positive
interdepartmental relations and complete special projects as
assigned by the General Manager, Regional Director of Sales and/or
Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Company associates
have access to guestrooms and property. As such, character traits
of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position and
must be displayed at all times. Per company policy, potential
associates must pass appropriate security clearances. PRE
- College Degree (BS/BA) preferred.
- Previous direct selling experience in a hotel.
- Demonstrated success in developing a market.
- Experience selling Marriott and/or Hilton Select Service and/or
Extended Stay lodging to Corporate and weekend market segments is a
- Hotel operations experience preferred.
- Professionalism must be displayed at all times.
- Company associates have access to guestrooms and property. As
such, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential
to this position and must be displayed at all times. Per company
policy, potential associates must pass appropriate security
clearances. SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Must be able to
perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending,
learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating. For
this position specifically:
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch,
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds, push and pull 50
pounds, sit or stand for long periods of time and must be able to
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at
all times REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, experience working with
customer relationship management software is preferred.
- Sees a vision and is not deterred from achieving it.
- Committed to the company and the achievement of it's
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, including
- Has the ability to effectively influence others and engage
clients and coworkers on difficult issues.
- Financial analysis skills. The ability to assess potential
business opportunities and whether or not they contribute to the
success of the business.
- The ability to inspire confidence in and gain respect from
superiors, peers, subordinates, industry partners and
- Combines a confident, self-starting, high performance
orientation with track record that reflects a "can do"
- Enjoys interacting with customers and networking within the
- Project management skills (i.e., organizing,
- Creative and strategic skills.
- Willing to perform other assigned duties that the individual is
capable of carrying out.
- Practices safety standards at all times and is alert to
hazardous conditions. Reports any hazardous conditions immediately
to the hotel General manager or appropriate staff member.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the LBA Hospitality Associate
Handbook. Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies
established by the company, including, but not limited to, those
contained in the Associate Handbook. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Based on the hotels' s selling strategy, books appropriate
business that allows hotel to achieve/exceed monthly room revenue
budget, and, if applicable, other revenue budgets specific to
- Proactive direct sales.
- Approaches the position with a relationship building/proactive
selling mindset. Ensures that weekly telephone
prospecting/qualification/solicitation calls goals as well as
outside call goals are met or exceeded. Included General Manager on
appropriate sales appointments as well as calls on Corporate-based
Sales personnel for assistance as needed to "win" business.
- Develops, presents business case to General Manager, Regional
Director of Sales and Regional Revenue Manager and deploys seasonal
and segmented promotions and packages.
- Utilizes available business tools to prospect for new business
(i.e., Brand database reports, Hoover's, local newspaper and
- Performs the necessary pre-call planning and post-call
follow-up for client outside sales calls.
- Evaluates potential business opportunities for assigned hotel
and presents findings/defends positions, as necessary, to the
General Manager and/or Regional revenue Manager and Regional
Director of Sales.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable with regard to client base. Has a
strong business relationship with top producing clients.
- Utilizes internal lead source generators (i.e., Brand GSO, LBA
sister hotels) to maximize revenue production for assigned
- Grows revenue for LBA Hospitality by cross-selling other LBA
- Gains contacts and business intelligence/shows community spirit
through involvement in an industry and/or charitable
- Takes the initiative to develop new strategies and tactics to
drive revenue in assigned markets. Presents these plans to the
Hotel General Manager and Regional Director of Sales for review and
- Meets SMART Plan due dates.
- Monitors economic/business news in general and news specific to
assigned market segments. Recommends adjustments to SMART Plan as
changes occur in the business world.
- Understands the business rationale behind and contributes, as
appropriate, to the hotel's rooms forecast.
- Maintains awareness of the sales practices of the hotel's
competitive set, and, as warranted, takes proactive steps to
"neutralize" their efforts.
- Is an "expert" when it comes to selling against the hotel's
- Adds to the camaraderie of the hotel by helping to celebrate
the successes of coworkers.
- Ensures that he/she adheres to all sales administrative
processes that are in place from the LBA Corporate Office.
- Ensures that all reports, internal requests for information and
special projects are submitted on or before their due dates.
- Provides suggestions to the Regional Director of Sales, Senior
Vice President of Sales and Marketing and other Corporate-based
staff with regard to growing the company's revenue.
- Understands the business rationale behind the annual budgeting
process (revenue generation and Advertising and Promotion
- Collects and analyzes information on use history, plans,
decision structure and strategies of key customers in assigned
market segments. Forwards this information to the Hotel General
Manager and Regional Director of Sales.
- Strives to continually improve his/her general business and
industry/job specific skills by attending Brand and LBA
Corporate-sponsored sales training, and, if appropriate, outside
continuing education. WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Typical week consists of a minimum of three days out of the
office on sales calls and two days in the office working on sales
plan. May also come in on the weekends to greet guests and ensure
meeting or group satisfaction.
- Occasional overnight travel for training, to assist with a
sales blitz in another LBA city, etc. POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE
- Director of Sales (Multiple Property Responsibility)
- Regional Director of Sales Disclaimer The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Keywords: LBA Hospitality, Lake Charles , Director of Sales - Single Property, Executive , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!