RN Case Manager $5000 sign-on bonus
Company: HEART OF HOSPICE, LLC
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: September 14, 2019
RN Case Manager Reports To:
Patient Care manager Exemption Status:
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Registered Nurse Case Manager plans, organizes and directs
hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on
community health education/experience. The registered nurse builds
from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to
meet the needs of individual and families in their home
- Evaluates and performs an initial comprehensive and ongoing
assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs when
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions to maintain
the highest level of comfort and quality of life including the
patient and the family in the planning process.
- Regularly re-evaluates patient and family/caregiver needs
collaborating with the interdisciplinary team and revising the plan
of care as necessary.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the
physician according to the plan of care.
- Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by
the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health
counseling with patients and families/caregivers.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and
facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and
optional comfort care.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques
- Assesses home care needs and maintains a safe environment for
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition.
- Communicates with community resources and vendors to coordinate
the care plan to meet the patients' needs.
- Maintains compliance by completing, maintaining and submitting
accurate data including ongoing assessments and relevant clinical
notes regarding patient's condition and care given in the
electronic medical records system.
- Records pain and symptom management changes/outcomes as
- Uses equipment and supplies efficiently and in a cost effective
manner to support the organizations financial performance.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned and assumes responsibility
to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient and family/caregiver and
other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Attends and participates in weekly interdisciplinary group
- Participates in the agency's on-call rotation as scheduled to
provide nursing care to patients outside office hours.
- Maintains professional knowledge and practice skills
participating in continuing education and in-services.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
- Orients new personnel hired as assigned.
- Participates and promotes hospice in the community to promote
the growth and understanding of the hospice concept.
- Maintains effective working relationships with employees,
physicians, vendors, and potential referral and payer sources.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all policy and procedures.
- Maintains compliance by documenting accurately and timely
within the organization's electronic health record.
- Lives the Mission, strives to achieve the Vision and
exemplifies the Core Values of the organization.
- Works toward exceeding chosen Pillar goals in the areas of
Employee Satisfaction, Customer Satisfaction, Quality Service,
Compliance, Growth and Financial Performance.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the employee Code of Conduct and
Code of Ethics.
The above statements are intended to be a summary of the major
duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job.
The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other
than those stated in this description.
- Registered nurse with current licensure with no restrictions to
practice professional nursing in the state.
- Must have two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse, at
least one of which is in the area of home care or hospice nursing
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Primarily frequent in nature with exerting up to fifty pounds
of force occasionally, and/or up to twenty pounds of force
frequently, and/or up to ten pounds of force constantly to move
objects: reaching, lifting, carrying, handling, walking, sitting,
standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and twisting.---
Position may require pushing and pulling up to 300 lbs. Frequent to
continuous speaking, hearing, near visual acuity, far visual
acuity, depth perception, typing and driving.
Keywords: HEART OF HOSPICE, LLC, Lake Charles , RN Case Manager $5000 sign-on bonus, Executive , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!