Company: Westlake Chemical
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Provide leadership, mentoring and training to the plant's
procurement and warehouse organization. Identify and implement best
in class sourcing practices which align to corporate objectives.
Supports centralized procurement policies and practices for the
corporation. Leads assigned procurement projects to completion.
Responsible for the procurement of designated materials, services
and supplies per department guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership, mentoring and training to the designated
supply chain organization.
- Supervises team member's quotes and purchases of materials
insuring best practices and company policy are followed.
- Lead RFx, negotiations, supplier sourcing, contracts and
compliance management for plant specific requirements.
- Manage warehouse function to insure customer satisfaction,
continuity of supply and appropriate inventory management.
- Drive supply chain efficiency through identification and
implementation of best practices including the automation of
- Develop/implement personal and team objectives aligning to
plant and corporate objectives. Manage personal and team objectives
to insure the KPI's are met.
- Institute and utilize strategic sourcing practices, processes
and techniques across the organization to provide the best total
cost supply chain solution.
- Establish and lead cross functional teams to develop, execute
and maintain cross company sourcing strategies driving acceptance
and use of a consolidated strategic supply base.
- Establish a preferred supply base and manage via suppler
relationship management programs, including supplier
scorecards/reviews to drive continuous improvement.
- Understand applicable company policy and insure personal and
team compliance including the procurement policy and procedures,
Sox controls and DOA.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. in Engineering, Business or related field, or progressive
experience in purchasing field.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive purchasing and management
- General administrative and industrial purchasing/selling
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, as well as
effective presentation skills are required.
- Strong Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel, and computer based
accounting application skills; SAP experience is highly
- Strong analytical skills required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as
normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in
the operating units which can require usage of required PPE
including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result
in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and
elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may
occasionally be required.
Keywords: Westlake Chemical, Lake Charles , Manager-Procurement, Executive , Westlake, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!