Project Manager (HGA-BR)
Company: Hunt, Guillot & Associates
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: July 29, 2022
The Project Manager position is a direct-hire position working
for HGA at our office in Lake Charles, LA.
PROJECT MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY
The Project Manager position performs professional level work
related to the planning, organizing, budgeting and management of
municipal capital projects. The Project Manager is responsible for
execution of all project phases including engaging, supervising and
managing design consultants; supporting development of bid
specifications; engaging contractors and overseeing construction
administration and management. Projects may include roads and
pavement, drainage, wastewater, buildings, etc.
PROJECT MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the planning and implementation of projects.
- Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and
- Defines project tasks and completion requirements.
- Develop full scale project plans.
- Manage project budget and coordinate project contractors.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Provide direction and support to project teams.
- Ensure project is operating within quality assurance
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to
achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results.
PROJECT MANAGER EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or
other related field from an accredited college.
- Minimum of four years of municipal capital projects related
project management experience involved with facilities, buildings,
water / wastewater and / or drainage.
- Experience in a consulting engineering firm is preferred.
- Experience with FEMA Public Assistance funded Category C-G
projects is preferred.
- Experience including budgeting, scheduling, tracking,
monitoring, and reporting within projects or programs.
- Experience leading projects in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Strong familiarity with advanced project management practices,
methods, and techniques.
- Proficient in the use of MS Windows, MS Outlook, MS Excel and
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- PE or PMP certification a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to react promptly and efficiently to shifting
priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and
- Ability to bring projects and tasks to successful completion
through political sensitivity.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including clients, peers and other contractors.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and
contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to persuade, encourage, and motivate subordinates and
others project team members.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Ability to delegate and manage time and resources
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal
skills, leadership skills, and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Capability to conduct research into project-related issues and
- Capability and willingness to learn, understand, and apply new
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Hunt, Guillot & Associates, Lake Charles , Project Manager (HGA-BR), Executive , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!