Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Purpose/SummaryThe Collections Manager
is committed to providing the highest quality of service to the
communities, customers, and employees we serve by overseeing the
collection efforts and delinquency controls of the company while
ensuring money owed is billed and received. Primary Duties &
- Research, develop, and facilitate collection procedures
according to company policies, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensure proper preparation and delivery of letters, notices, and
other communications regarding delinquent accounts.
- Setting payment collection goals and targets for the
- Create and implement a strategy to improve the collection of
- Review accounts and recommend for charge-off, as
- Monitor approved accounts charge-off procedure and report it to
credit reporting agencies.
- Recommend legal action for specific accounts and follow through
- Implement deadlines for invoicing and payment collection.
- Monitor the company's accounts receivable and identify overdue
- Contact customers and attempt to collect overdue amounts.
- Work directly with outside credit agency.
- Submit regular reports on status of unpaid accounts and
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner
through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with
customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to use appropriate computer programs (including, but
not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite) which includes having
proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn as
programs and processes change.
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work
independently to reach a goal.
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging
others to seek innovative approaches.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with Company's Customer
Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) regulations and
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, as needed, to best
serve our customers.QualificationsAt a minimum, the Collections
Manager must have an associates degree in finance, accounting, or
related field along with 3+ years of management and
credit/collections experience or a high school diploma, or
equivalent, along with 5+ years of management and
credit/collections experience. A bachelor's degree along with 3+
years of management, credit/collections, and telecom billing
experience is preferred but not required. Physical Demands Select
one the following for the each of the items listed below:
- N (Not Applicable) – Activity is not applicable to this
- O (Occasionally) – Occupation requires this activity up to 33%
of the time or 0 – 2.5+ hours/day.
- F (Frequently) – Occupation requires this activity from 33%–66%
of the time or 2.5–5.5+ hours/day.
- C (Constantly) – Occupation requires this activity more than
66% of the time or 5.5+ hours/day Standing N☐ O☐ F☒ C☐ Walking N☐
O☐ F☒ C☐ Sitting N☐ O☐ F☒ C☐ Reach Outward N☐ O☒ F☐ C☐ Reach Above
Shoulder N☐ O☒ F☐ C☐ Climbing N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Crawling N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐
Squatting/Kneeling N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Bending N☐ O☒ F☐ C☐ Keyboarding N☐
O☐ F☐ C☒ Driving N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Hearing N☐ O☐ F☐ C☒ Distinguish Colors
N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Communicating N☐ O☐ F☐ C☒ Perceiving N☐ O☐ F☐ C☒
Outdoor Climate N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Various Terrain N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Cramped
Workspace N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Lift/Carry: Up to 10 lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Up to 20
lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Up to 50 lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Up to 75 lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐
Up to 100 lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ 100+ lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Push/Pull: Up to 10
lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Up to 20 lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Up to 50 lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐
Up to 75 lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ Up to 100 lbs N☒ O☐ F☐ C☐ 100+ lbs N☒ O☐
F☐ C☐ DisclosureThe Company has reviewed this job description to
ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been
included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations
and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional
functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed
appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of
employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job
description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the
Company may deem appropriate. American Broadband, and all
subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
Keywords: Camtel, Lake Charles , Collections Manager, Executive , Westlake, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!