Company: Champion Technology Services, Inc.
Location: Lake Charles
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Position Overview The Automation Engineer II ensures successful
completion of both company and client objectives at the project
level. The primary focus of Automation Engineer II is to contribute
to and lead quality design, development, installation and
fulfillment of processes and systems utilized for project
execution. Seeking someone with experience working with Distributed
Control Systems (DCS), specifically Honeywell Experion and TDC-3000
configuration, system architecture, graphics, and logic programming
of plant control systems. -Hands-on configuration experience using
Honeywell Experion and TDC-3000-Configuration experience on
Honeywell Safety Manager, or any other SIS, DCS, PLC, or HMI
systems Primary Job Functions
- Design and development of automation systems unassisted or
within a team.
- Tests, troubleshoots, and provides solutions for technical
problems with minimal assistance.
- Contributes to project design, development, testing,
installation, commissioning, project closure and
- Contributes to and capable of leading the following project
- Project Kickoff
- System Design / Procurement
- Programming / Configuration
- SAT / Commissioning
- Close-out Documentation
- Interfaces with the client / vendor on project technical
- Contributes to overall compliance and quality of projects.
- Manages time and expenses within allotted project budget.
- Contributes to project scope and budget development.
- Provides project level support and client service. Secondary
- Ability to fulfill the role of Automation Engineer I.
- Maintains awareness of future opportunities at client
facilities and informs management. Key Competencies
- Builds rapport, mentors and manages effective teams and work
groups. Strong decision making skills, situational awareness and
ability to perform under pressure.
- Understands others and demonstrates cognitive and behavioral
flexibility. (Emotional Intelligence)
- Demonstrates and fosters maturity in judgment, ethics and
- Business/Financial acumen.
- High level of conflict resolution skills and the willingness to
make difficult decisions specific to technology or resource
- Possesses an appreciation of business demands (schedule, scope,
budget and client requirements).
- Ability to analyze and evaluate work processes, work flow and
budgets to maintain successful project delivery.
- Demonstrates effective organizational, time management and
- Demonstrates flexibility/adaptability in changing and
- Demonstrates a passion for the business and its success
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates a focus on c service and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous personal, peer and
- Fosters positive energy, creativity and teamwork across all
departments/locations with the goal of furthering the company
values and to support the company mission. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and preferred 2 years of
Automation or Controls related experience (includes relevant intern
- Proficient with multiple automation system platforms including
DCS, PLC, HMI, SCADA and other applicable systems.
- Knowledge of multiple industry standards (ISA, NFPA, NEC).
- Ability to obtain ISA Certified Automation Professional (CAP )
- Valid driver's license.
- Reliable personal transportation with valid liability
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Available for after-hour, weekend and holidays.
- Available for overnight and extended travel.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and push, pull or lift
50+lbs for an extended period.
Keywords: Champion Technology Services, Inc., Lake Charles , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Lake Charles, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...