Process Startup and Commissioning Engineer
Company: Pic Group, Inc
Posted on: June 16, 2022
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. -We recruit
the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a
global service provider, we continually seek talented
Title: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Process Startup
and Commissioning Engineer
Position Type: - - - - - - - - - Contract
Location: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lake Charles, LA
Reports to: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - VP of Engineering
Status: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Non-Exempt
Job Summary: -
PIC Group has an excellent opportunity for a Process Startup and
Commissioning Engineer to support commissioning of a new chlorine
chemical production facility located in Lake Charles, LA. -The
Process Startup and Commissioning Engineer will report to the VP of
Engineering and be responsible for preparing test plans,
procedures, checklists, participating in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews
(PSSRs), and leading plant operators and shift supervisors for a
successful plant startup and operation currently scheduled for
November of 2022. The Process Startup and Commissioning Engineer
will be located at the project throughout the construction and
commissioning phase. -
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical basis input for the plant operation team to
generate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and validation of
- Reviews equipment and subsystem design and operation
- Review installation and maintenance requirements in preparation
of commissioning and startup of equipment and training of
- Assist in specifying and procuring smaller components such as
control valves, instruments, and specialty interconnection
- Performing piping and electrical drawing review to minimize
errors and commissioning problems.
- Tracks equipment and subsystem fabrication and performs quality
control and issue resolution.
- Supports Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) testing and
pre-commissioning activities of equipment and subsystems.
- Assist in evaluating and purchasing spare parts and consumables
for initial systems operation.
- Supports commissioning shift teams with technical expertise and
- Review and comment on Distributed Control System (DCS) and
Programmable Logic Control (PLC) programming logic and control
philosophies; including Commissioning and troubleshooting of DCS
- Provides review and comment on operating manuals and startup
- Supports successful plant construction and pre-commissioning
- Construction technical support, quality control & request for
- Conducts detailed equipment, subsystem, and Piping &
Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) walk-downs support to document
field readiness against design. Lead effort to correct deficiencies
- Work with construction groups to ensure quality requirements
have been fully adhered to and documented.
Conducts detailed equipment, subsystem, and P&ID walk-downs
support to document field readiness against design. Lead effort to
correct deficiencies when required.
Supports successful plant startup and commissioning by:
Preparing test plans, procedures, and checklists of how equipment
and subsystems will be tested.
Participating in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs)
Coordinates equipment vendor support and serves as their primary
interface during installation, commissioning, and startup.
Leads small commissioning team comprised of plant operators and
shift supervisors, mechanical and E&I technicians, and
construction contractor support to pre-commission, commission, and
startup several pieces of equipment and subsystems.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for process commissioning, startup,
- Ability to address challenges while working in a construction
and operating plant work environment.
- Effective leadership and communication skills both verbally and
in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and
outside the Company.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software and other
discipline-specific software applications.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mechanical, electrical, process, and controls
- The ability to multi-task.
- Commercial awareness, good command of English, and good
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a proactive team player
combined with a solid self-supporting/independent
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong Knowledge of process technology and the technical
principles related to chemical, oil & gas, pulp & paper, and the
- Capable to read, interpret & prepare applicable technical
information, including drawings, schematics, P&IDs, procedures,
manuals, codes, and specifications.
- Experience with flow metering, instrumentation, valves, pumps,
sampling systems, analyzers, flow computers, E&I wiring, and
- Physical demands-the physical demands of the job, including
bending, climbing, sitting, lifting, and driving.
- Work environment: chemical construction site in Louisiana with
varied temperature, high noise level, inside and outside, with
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
- 7 to 10 years of startup and commissioning work experience.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to
beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug
and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of
criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the
qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we
receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required
experience and qualifications will be contacted.
Keywords: Pic Group, Inc, Lake Charles , Process Startup and Commissioning Engineer, Engineering , Westlake, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!