Project Engineer (In House Sulphur Office)
Company: Recon Management Services INC
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Description:Summary of Description: Develop and oversee the
engineering and design efforts for front end loading studies to
detailed construction drawings/packages for industrial projects.
Will report directly to the Projects Director. May be assigned to
work for a Project Manager or assigned small projects with direct
interface with client Project Manager/Engineer. Duties:
- Planning and Scheduling defining a scope of the project
engineering/design requirements, estimating project man hours and
requirements in cooperation with discipline departments.
- Communication with clients as required to perform work and to
meet the goals/objectives of the project as assigned.
- Providing oversite of work performed by design and engineering
personnel. Concisely describing the project requirements by means
of engineered sketches and verbal instructions.
- Presenting this work to the design personnel in an organized
form suitable for design by the available personnel.
- Supervise overall deliverable package quality and
- Give adequate instructions to enable the design staff to
perform their task with quality work.
- Responsible for weekly reporting scope completion, progress,
and cost to client and direct supervisors.
- Work with Project Manager to promote safety on projects under
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Education and
Experience: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering 3 - 10 years
of experience in a refinery, petrochemical, chemical, or utility
industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
such as those listed above. License Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License as par State law or requirement
- Professional license (P.E., PMP) preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook or similar software
with preference on spreadsheets, data base and word
- Strong organizational, leadership and time management
- Clear and concise communication skills (oral and written).
- Capable of interpreting and implementing client specifications
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and requirements in discipline
- Knowledge of discipline specific computer applications (i.e.,
STAAD, Caesar, Pipe Stress, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Capable of understanding and interpreting design drawings and
documentation. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to walk up to one mile on industrial plant and
construction sites outdoors at any time of the year.
- Ability to work in protective clothing which may elevate body
temperatures by several degrees Fahrenheit for periods of up to 15
minutes without a break.
- Ability to use multi-level stair towers and rung ladders
- Ability to hear safety alarms and signals while wearing hearing
- Ability to sit at desk and operate computer for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch
or crawl; and talk and hear.
- Ability to see with visual acuity and distinguish between
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver's
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs. on a regular basis is
required and at times lifting up to 25 lbs. may be required.
Keywords: Recon Management Services INC, Lake Charles , Project Engineer (In House Sulphur Office), Administration, Clerical , Sulphur, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!